Privacy Statement Version 1.2
Your privacy matters. Here is what you need to know about our use of your information.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify a specific individual.
What We Do with Your Personal Information:
These are the various ways that we may use your personal information within our company. These include:
using your personal information to help identify you when you use the Software or ask for support;
- using your personal information to send you updates about our products and services or about changes to our Terms and Conditions or Privacy Statement;
- analyzing your personal information to help us improve our products and services;
- using your personal information when you send or receive a message from another user of the Software;
- using your personal information in administering a reward or points program; and
- using your IP address to personalize communications with you.
We will only request for, and use, your personal data for the above-listed reasons to help enhance your user experience. You may request access to your contacts and the camera on your mobile device through an out-of-process picker functionality to support the health outcomes objectives of this app.
We may also use our users’ personal information to target who will see advertising or other information from third parties. When we do this, the third party will never know who you are unless you contact them directly or expressly indicate to us you wish to be contacted.
We do not knowingly, voluntarily give your personal information to a third party unless it is to:
- allow an affiliated corporation (such as a subsidiary, parent, or a foundation) to communicate with you or help us serve your needs;
- allow an independent contractor to perform related services for us (such as our customer support, credit card billing services, or cloud services);
- communicate with your Circle of Support about your progress and about your compliance or noncompliance;
- provide data and services to your care providers, your Care Network, or any public health organization within your jurisdiction;
- protect ourselves legally; or
- fulfill our legal duties.
Non-personal information or de-identified information is information that, by itself, does not identify a specific person. For example, our users’ zip codes, when aggregated, could help us to see how many users we have in various parts of the country. Birth dates could show how many users we have in a certain age bracket. Other aggregated data could help us or a third party identify factors that predict higher rates of health concerns and use that knowledge to improve services to people in the general public who are struggling with similar health concerns.
We retain the right to use non-personal information in any way we deem proper.
Cookies, Pixel Tags, and Beacons
We may be compelled by legal processes, such as a subpoena, to share your personal information.
We may be subject to hackers.
If you violate our Terms and Conditions, we may use your personal information to enforce our legal rights.
If we sell our company or sell a line of business to another company, the new company will take possession of all the business’ data, including personal information.
When you share personal information with a partner in your Circle of Support, understand that the partner may take unauthorized screenshots or otherwise capture that information. It is important for you to choose partners you can trust.
When you send messages or use a social networking service, the personal information and content you share can be read, collected, or used by others. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share.
We are under no duty to retain your personal information. We may retain your personal information after your subscription terminates 1) to serve you in the future, 2) to improve our company’s services, and 3) to assist Care Network providers to improve their services to you and to the public.
We will request access to collect location data and track user location in accordance with the core functionality of the app. If the user declines access, the elements of the app that require this information will not be activated.